I want to share a special self-reflective story with you for this week Daily Love Assignment. This weeks assignment is about being open to the lesson’s life brings and of course the answer to all your assignments is LOVE.
-The Story Of The Starfish-
There was a man who asked the Universe, why did I have to grow up in such a impoverished and hostile environment? The Universe answered: those conditions gave you just the right skills and tools you would need to appreciate everything, take nothing for granted, to learn to rise above, not take anything for granted and to know nothing comes easy in life.
You see, living poor made you grateful for all you have now, living in sorrow, made you appreciate joy that much more, living in darkness, helped you recognize and love the light, and living with abuse made you empathetic, compassionate and more loving. You see none of your life experiences” lessons” are ever wasted, all of them have helped you grow and become the man you are today!
The man paused and scratched his head and said: I see, everything has been working for my highest good? Universe said: Yes, the man said: So I can evolve, grow, and become my highest self!
Universe said: Yes; The man said: Okay, next time I am coming back as a Starfish then, so I can be at the ocean all day long and rest ! I learned enough this lifetime.
Story By Marie Cornelio
Have you ever felt this way or wonder about your lesson’s? Hang in there and always know you are MASSIVELY loved and EVERYTHING is always working for your highest good!
Your Daily Love Assignment
Leave your comments, love below and share with your friends! If you have not sign up for our weekly DLA be sure to do so!
Practice living from a place of strength, power, and like we talked about last week courageously. You have two choices in life you can identify yourself as a victim or victor. Once you allow yourself to process and heal. See yourself as strong. Don’t keep holding onto the old stories of the past that keep you feeling small, stuck and afraid. See yourself as love see’s you. Strong, resilient, beautiful, courageous, perfect, whole and healed. Live from that place. What would it look like? And feel like for you to live from a place of strength?
Please share with your friends! Leave your comments and ways that you live from a place of power and strength.
You are MASSIVELY Loved!
Your Daily Love Assignment
Enjoy this poem! I wrote it a few days ago. As it was Inspired by Gods Divine Love.
” In the Presence of Love”
In the presence of Love there is beauty, In the presence of Love there is light,
In the presence of Love there are miracles and healing.
In the presence of Love there is truth,
in the presence of Love there is kindness, in the presence there is peace.
In the presence of Love there is hope for you and me.
In the presence of Love there is singing, In the presence of Love there is laughter too.
In the presence of Love there is magnificent gratefulness.
Perfect Love is in the details of our life…
© 2012 Marie Cornelio
You are loved!
Your Daily Love Assignment
Practice having a good relationship with yourself. You will spend more time with yourself then anyone else on the planet. Why not make it a good relationship. Right? Start with your thoughts. Start to pay attention to what you are thinking about. Self-hate and critical mind talk is just a habit and a habit can be changed. Start right now having a good relationship with yourself. Replace an old hateful thought with a loving thought. You can change your life one thought at a time. The mind is like a radio station and if you don’t like the thought that is playing on it change the station. Start by being kind to yourself and loving yourself. That is your Daily Love Assignment! Watch and see how your life will transform, when you do this! Take baby steps, if you have to. Share your experiences with us on the blog. We always love hearing from you and how these Daily Love Assignment are helping you! Share this with everyone you know! The more everyone loves themselves the better our world will be.
With lots of love,
Your Daily Love Assignment
I love my life, I have created the life of my dreams. I have transformed my life by learning from my greatest spiritual teacher: my pet. Starting my own pet care business with only one dog was a leap of faith. My heart and soul was whispering to me for years. I decided to listen. I quit my job of eighteen years as a waitress and made up business cards and flyers. I used the principles of the Law of Attraction and Mindful approach with dog training I had incredible results. The animals are here as our greatest spiritual teachers to help us remember our pure essence. Here is a story about one of the dogs I have the pleasure of caring for. Notice how pets weave a tapestry in our lives and give us opportunities to share unconditional love.
One day I was out walking one of the dogs I care for and met an older man named Gene with a beautiful 6 month old Yorkshire terrier named Annie. Annie had not been trained on a leash and she was tangling her leash around her owner.
He was such a nice man I really enjoyed talking with him. I gave him my card and told him I could help with training his puppy if he would like. He said he would talk to his wife about it and get back to me. His wife Diane called me back that afternoon and we met so I could assess how much training Annie would require.
When I arrived at the house, Annie was jumping, barking, and nipping. I explained that I train with the dog one on one first for the week to establish a loving leadership role. In the next week I begin to share my techniques with the owners. I brought Kaylee in to help Annie with her over excitement. I explained to Gene and Diane that Kaylee is my partner and she shows the puppies how to behave.
My kaylee has been such an amazing dog, friend, and partner. I am still amazed that the animal shelter was going to put her to sleep if no one adopted her within that month. I feel so blessed and grateful she is in my life. She always surprises me with how quickly she can train other dogs; her energy is kind and patient.
Annie was doing great with her training and we decided to meet twice a week to reinforce what she had learned. Annie was becoming confident on our walks. So confident I nicknamed her Queen Annie, she saw us as her loyal subjects.
I became great friends with Gene and Diane. Gene is a retired chef and has so many wonderful stories. Diane is a wonderful baker. They are always so kind to me when I would come back with Annie after our walk. They made me delicious snacks. But more than that, their kindness and loving conversation would always nurture my soul.
Diane and I have a lot in common. She took care of her mother just like I took care of my mother-in-law. Sharing our experiences, I knew God had brought us to each other. Gene, Diane, and Annie are like family to me; the time I spend with them is magical. I always feel uplifted around them and I know how much they care about me.
I asked them if I could bring Annie to our local nursing home. I volunteer there once a month. A good friend of mine plays the accordion and I sing with the seniors. The seniors love when I bring dogs to visit; I try to stop in as often as I can.
Many of the seniors shared with me they had to give up their pets to move into the nursing home. It made them so happy to hold Annie and it was good for Annie too. She is learning to trust.
I took pictures of Annie sitting on their laps and hung them in their rooms. The seniors enjoy the attention and the people who work there is always loving and kind. They love for the dogs to visit too. I highly recommend volunteering to a nursing home. The seniors are always thrilled to see you; they are so happy to have someone sit with them and listen to their stories.
When my mother-in-law passed on, I felt sad and missed watching old movies and making yummy treats to share with her. At the nursing home I have learned there is always someone who will appreciate my attention. Love comes to us in different ways we just need to be willing to give and receive it.
The time I spend with Annie reminds me that I am here to spread joy and happiness. She is a beautiful shining light and so am I. She just doesn’t have to choose to shine; it is who she is. I always have the choice. I understand what free will really is. Whenever we get a feeling or think we would like to help someone God gives us a choice. Every time we meet someone or see an opportunity to help we are given two choices:
1.Help, and be your true self.
2.Ignore, and be your false self.
Queen Annie has grown into a very confident dog and even though I am the dog trainer; Annie continues to teach me lessons every day.
Love Assignment: Find new ways to give and receive love.
Karen Palmer is a natural born spiritual teacher and dog communicator. She is also a dog trainer and owner of a successful pet care business. She is the author of ” Dogs are Gifts from God” her book is filled with techniques that offer the reader a way to have a spiritual connection with their pet. Karen is also a avid volunteer for animal rescue centers. She is a Radio Host of her show called ” Positively Pets” on Blog Talk Radio where she shares true stories and helps people learn the spiritual lessons their pet is here to teach them. To find out more about karen go to www.dogsaregiftsfromgod.com
Handbook of Life
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner
like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less
food that is manufactured.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time for prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2012.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9 Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her
mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems
are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like
algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your
family and friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Always speak the truth even if it leads to your death.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake up alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please SHARE this with all your relatives and close friends.
Love and Gratitude
Daily Love Assignment
Be open to receive love into your life. So many people block the flow of love in their life and heart. Mainly because they don’t feel they are worthy or valuable enough to receive love. When you choose to focus on your flaws and imperfections and you convince yourself nobody would love you if they really knew you. You sabotage yourself from experiencing deep, loving, relationships and friendships. It’s time to allow love to flow into your life. Love wants you to know that you are worthy of love just the way you are. Including all the flaws, shortcoming and imperfections. Love wants you to let love in. All the beauty in life is for you. Even the moon, the sun and star’s at night. Are all for you! Love is orchestrating right now for your highest good. Believe in yourself dearest one. Open your heart now and allow love to come fully in and receive all the good that life wants to give you.
Daily Love Assignment
At the Daily Love Assignment Community we have alot of students and even some teachers. Here are few tips to encourage, inspire and empower you or your children as they head back to school or college. Have you ever noticed the excitment in the air each year as everyone prepares to head back to school. I remember when I was growing up going back to school meant new clothes, new shoes and new school supplies. I always wanted to ware my new fall clothes the first day of school. I always regretted it too because they were always to hot for the last days of summer and were really made for fall and winter. With all the hustle and bustle don’t forget about yourself. Here are a few self-love tips you can use all year long and beyond.
1. Set an Intention: As you head back to school make sure you set an intention to love yourself and take good care of yourself this year. Get plenty of rest and eat right. Make sure you ask question if you are not sure of the answer. Speak up and ask for a tutor if you need it. Get all you can from each assignment. Only hang around people who lift you up and support you and your future goals and dreams. Each morning before school look in the mirror and remind yourself how beautiful and amazing you are.
2. Stand for whats right: In school there are a lot of bullies and so you must make sure you do not participate in any bulling activity. If you or you see someone getting picked on ask for help. Part of authentically loving yourself is sticking up for yourself and others. Be respectful to everyone including yourself.
3. Pick your friends wisely: In some schools there can be clicks try to avoid this trap. Embrace everyone as a equal. Nobody is better then anyone else. Learn to be a leader and stand for what is right. Remember we are all in this world together. We are all one love. When you make new friends you create new opportunities to learn, grow and love yourself and others more. Be willing to give someone a chance no matter there ethnicity, looks, sex or economic status. Avoid sterotypes. Show kindness every chance you get and don’t be petty.
4. Be Open to new things: Get all you can out of school. It might seem like school is going to last forever. Trust it won’t. Take full advantage of your time in school. Sign up for classes that will stretch, challenge and inspire you. Try new things and enjoy each moment. Join a new club, team or group.
5. Wave your freak flag: Don’t be afraid to be different. In fact embrace and celebrate your uniqueness. You are masterpiece and one of a kind. Imperfect is the new prefect. Create your own kind of beautiful. Many people who were once called nerds in school are now presidents, doctors, athletes, entrepreneurs and actresses and founders.
I hope these simple tips will give you the extra burst of encouragement and support. Feel free to share them with a student and friend. Life is what we make it. Why not create a life you love.
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher,artist, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International. Founder of Daily Love Assignment. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archives, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com. . Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude bike rides and walks with her dog Roxie Love .
(Credit: iStockphoto/Thomas Perkins)
Think about the last time you were really angry—I mean punch-a-hole-in-the-wall angry. You know, the kind of anger where you want to scream at the person or offending thing, and you vent to anyone who will listen. Maybe you had a moment of road rage, were betrayed by a loved one, or angry at yourself, or someone you love was hurt.
I recently read an article about a man who came home to an apartment that his puppy destroyed in his absence. He was attempting to bathe the energetic dog and ended up punching the dog in the face repeatedly until he killed the dog. Most of us don’t take things to that extreme, but we all experience anger that we allow to affect our actions and our logical thought process, and most importantly, our inner peace.
Ask yourself, what was accomplished by your angry words, actions, or thoughts? Did it resolve the problem, improve relations, help the other person “see the light”, or magically make you feel peaceful and calm? When we are honest with ourselves, we can agree that the vast majority of the time, the things we say and do when angry create more problems and accomplish nothing. As a-matter-of-fact, we allow anger to rob us of our peace. Can we excuse actions and words simply because we were angry?
There are many times when anger is justified. In fact, emotions, including anger, are gifts that put us on alert and tell us it is time to start putting our minds and thoughts on what is happening to trigger these feelings. It is how we respond to anger (or any other emotion) that may be unjustified or simply wrong. Responding appropriately requires maturity, selflessness, and rational thinking.
So, how can we experience the natural emotion of anger without acting in a way that we will or should eventually regret? This is the hard part, right? Here are some tips or ideas that lend themselves to appropriate anger responses and can help maintain logical thought and inner calm.
1) Avoid quick or automatic responses. Think before you act. Reflex responses typically include lashing out either physically or verbally. Keep quiet and do nothing until you can process what just happened and what the best way to respond may be.
2) Ask yourself “Why am I angry?” Often, the answer to this question is actually another emotion. Maybe you are hurt, feeling out of control, frightened, surprised, inconvenienced, frustrated, or a plethora of other possibilities. Before you can decide how to respond, you need to know what the source of your anger truly is. A sample response may be “I am angry because I am hurt.” Then, explore why you are hurt. Maybe what was said or done was insulting, or the car that cut you off frightened or inconvenienced you.
3) Alter your perspective. Ask yourself how serious this situation is in the grand scheme of life. My father used to tell me all the time, “Is this a hill to die on?” Can I just overlook the insult, let it go, or ignore the comment/action? Maybe it is serious. Consider the perspective of the other party or entity. Can you be certain about their intentions? This is an interesting question because it is a win-win for you. We can never know all the factors that are in play in others. If their intentions are honorable and they were simply careless or unaware, letting it go is the obvious choice, though, in a calmer moment, perhaps you could discuss the matter with them and share your own perspective respectfully. If their intentions, in your estimation, are not honorable and causing you anger/hurt/etc. was the goal, you want to keep the power to control your emotions yourself, so the logical choice is to forgive and let go also. Maybe they are acting in anger, or are distracted by some battle they are fighting in their own lives right now. Have compassion for the other person, even if you don’t think they deserve it, as they are human too. Forgiveness is a powerful tool and it does more for you than for the offending party.
4) Avoid dwelling on the negative aspects of the situation. Anytime we dwell on the negative, we create a downward spiral into misery. Things get worse and bigger and before we know it, we have recalled a multitude of other offenses to add to the tally. Processing through the situation is very different than dwelling on the negative. Be careful.
5) Delay responding to the situation or reacting until you have had adequate time to process, are confident you have a calm mind, and know you can respond unemotionally and in a manner that is productive. Firing off an email or text message immediately does not work very well in my experience. The same is true for debating the topic immediately. If the situation requires an immediate response, consider saying: When do you need my response to this? I need to think about this. Can we talk later? Maybe you need to take a day or even a few days because you are so emotional when you think about it. Take as long as you need, but don’t procrastinate. The situation will usually not disappear. If you are unable to truly let it go, you MUST address it. No one can hold on to anger or hurt without addressing it and avoid serious consequences to themselves and others.
This is certainly not a complete list of ideas or options, but it is a start. If one’s goals include self- love, self-acceptance, self-improvement, to have healthy relationships, to experience forgiveness and healing, and to have inner peace and a calm mind, one has to learn how to control anger. Remember your emotions and feelings are yours alone, as are your words and actions. Use them with extreme caution.
Elisa Pokorney has a B.S. in psychobiology and an M.S. in Special Education. She is a high school special education math teacher and athletic coach. Elisa lives in Southern California with her husband Tony their two canine children, Wimbley Sue and Lola Mae. She enjoys any outdoor activity–especially hiking and gardening–cooking, and painting.
When you are filled up on self-love, you will no longer seek external experiences like people, places or things to fill your love tank. There was a short period in my life when I was desperately seeking love in all the wrong places and with all the wrong people. I also thought I needed a relationship to feel complete. It wasn’t until I did deep spiritual work and started practicing self-love that I started accepting myself and started to attract and manifest pure self-love and loving experience into my life. I also realized I didn’t need a relationship or external experiences to be happy,free or whole. I finally realized I was already whole. One is whole number. I notice the more I filled up on Divine love and self -love. The fuller I got and the more love I had to share and giveaway to others. Here are a few tips to help you fill up your self-love tank.
1. Start A Gratitude Practice: The best way to fill up your self-love tank is to practice being grateful for the blessing in your life. By doing this you will automatically attract more good into your life.
2. Release Expectations: Remember, happiness is an inside job and comes from making conscious choice everyday to do so. Let others off the hook regarding making you happy. If you are constantly expecting from others what only you can give to yourself. You will always be disappointed and sad. Set an intention to release all expectation and outcomes and allow love to flow in.
3. Stop Comparing Yourself: You are a one of a kind unique masterpiece . Nobody is quite like you! When you compare yourself to others you’re dimming your own light. You are also taking your own power away. Never dim your light. Fill your self-love tank up by blessing those that have what you want or are doing what you want to do. Allow them to inspire and remind you that if they have it and are doing it, so can you.
4. Practice Self-Love: Just remember self-love is not being arrogant or full of pride. Self-Love is respecting, honoring and loving yourself unconditional. So allow yourself to love yourself freely. Change the chatter in your mind to only loving thoughts about yourself. Write yourself love notes and post them all around the house. Pamper yourself, take care, and have a date night with yourself. Only surround yourself with loving, kind and honest people that nurture your soul, support you to be your best, unique one of a kind self. Don’t seek approval from others and allow their opinions to define you. You were born from love and when you die you will return to love. Sign up for Daily Love Assignments HERE. They are like a hug, a burst of sunshine and vitamin for your soul all wrapped up in one and it’s free. Daily Love Assignment will help you connect with yourself and remind you to love yourself each and every day.
5. Forgive Yourself: Forgiveness is one of the purest expression of self- love. I once heard a quote that said” Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different“. Once you remove blocks like un-forgiveness from your life love can freely flow through you and to you.
6. Practice Being Still: When you are still and quite you can hear the still small voice of love from within. God is waiting to talk to you, direct you. If you are willing to listen and be still.
7. Create Dreams: Allow yourself to dream again. Follow your heart. It’s never to late to dream new dreams and/ or make old dreams come true. Remember God dreams a bigger dream for you then you can dream for yourself.
8. Give Yourself Affection And Praise Each Day: Give yourself a hug and look in the mirror and tell yourself you love yourself. Be kind to yourself. Write down a praise sheet of all the things you have accomplished and done well and celebrate your accomplishments.
9. Listen To Your Soul: Practice listening from within. Listen to your soul and honor your soul. Don’t say yes, when you want to say no. Don’t ignore your intuition. Don’t fake it till you make it and numb out or disconnect from how you really feel. Be authentic and be real with yourself and others. We attract what we are so truly do the work to love yourself so you can attract more love into your life.
10. Be Of Service: The best way to fill up your self-love tank is when you give your love away freely. Find a project, shelter ,or cause and get involved in your local community and help others. We here at the daily love assignment could use your help by spreading the word and inviting people to receive free daily love assignments. Give without expecting anything in return. Give from a pure heart. Your tank will fill up with goodness when you give your love away to others.
11. Affirm Yourself: Speak loving affirmation to yourself and write them on post it notes and place them all over so you can see them and memorize them. Send yourself a nice card in the mail filled with loving affirmation.
12. Create Art: Art is a beautiful way to fill up your self-love tank. If you have never created something give it a try. No one has to see it. Create art from within and have fun and express yourself. Draw a picture of what you want your life to look like and feel like write positive words on it and hang it up where you can see it. Use bright paint, markers or whatever medium you choose. Have a blast! Art is not supposed to be perfect so give yourself permission to create from your heart and soul. Create a self portrait of YOU.
13. Let Love In: Once you release the blocks to self-love. Let love in and allow it to flow freely through your life.
There you have it! As you start to implement these tips into your life. You will start to see subtle change naturally occur. The greatest love you will ever find and experience is when you truly fall in love with yourself.
Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher,artist, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International and the founder of Daily Love Assignment. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com. Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love or riding her bike.