13 Ways To Fill Your Self-Love Tank
When you are filled up on self-love, you will no longer seek external experiences like people, places or things to fill your love tank. There was a short period in my life when I was desperately seeking love in all the wrong places and with all the wrong people. I also thought I needed a relationship to feel complete. It wasn’t until I did deep spiritual work and started practicing self-love that I started accepting myself and started to attract and manifest pure self-love and loving experience into my life. I also realized I didn’t need a relationship or external experiences to be happy,free or whole. I finally realized I was already whole. One is whole number. I notice the more I filled up on Divine love and self -love. The fuller I got and the more love I had to share and giveaway to others. Here are a few tips to help you fill up your self-love tank.
1. Start A Gratitude Practice: The best way to fill up your self-love tank is to practice being grateful for the blessing in your life. By doing this you will automatically attract more good into your life.
2. Release Expectations: Remember, happiness is an inside job and comes from making conscious choice everyday to do so. Let others off the hook regarding making you happy. If you are constantly expecting from others what only you can give to yourself. You will always be disappointed and sad. Set an intention to release all expectation and outcomes and allow love to flow in.
3. Stop Comparing Yourself: You are a one of a kind unique masterpiece . Nobody is quite like you! When you compare yourself to others you’re dimming your own light. You are also taking your own power away. Never dim your light. Fill your self-love tank up by blessing those that have what you want or are doing what you want to do. Allow them to inspire and remind you that if they have it and are doing it, so can you.
4. Practice Self-Love: Just remember self-love is not being arrogant or full of pride. Self-Love is respecting, honoring and loving yourself unconditional. So allow yourself to love yourself freely. Change the chatter in your mind to only loving thoughts about yourself. Write yourself love notes and post them all around the house. Pamper yourself, take care, and have a date night with yourself. Only surround yourself with loving, kind and honest people that nurture your soul, support you to be your best, unique one of a kind self. Don’t seek approval from others and allow their opinions to define you. You were born from love and when you die you will return to love. Sign up for Daily Love Assignments HERE. They are like a hug, a burst of sunshine and vitamin for your soul all wrapped up in one and it’s free. Daily Love Assignment will help you connect with yourself and remind you to love yourself each and every day.
5. Forgive Yourself: Forgiveness is one of the purest expression of self- love. I once heard a quote that said” Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different“. Once you remove blocks like un-forgiveness from your life love can freely flow through you and to you.
6. Practice Being Still: When you are still and quite you can hear the still small voice of love from within. God is waiting to talk to you, direct you. If you are willing to listen and be still.
7. Create Dreams: Allow yourself to dream again. Follow your heart. It’s never to late to dream new dreams and/ or make old dreams come true. Remember God dreams a bigger dream for you then you can dream for yourself.
8. Give Yourself Affection And Praise Each Day: Give yourself a hug and look in the mirror and tell yourself you love yourself. Be kind to yourself. Write down a praise sheet of all the things you have accomplished and done well and celebrate your accomplishments.
9. Listen To Your Soul: Practice listening from within. Listen to your soul and honor your soul. Don’t say yes, when you want to say no. Don’t ignore your intuition. Don’t fake it till you make it and numb out or disconnect from how you really feel. Be authentic and be real with yourself and others. We attract what we are so truly do the work to love yourself so you can attract more love into your life.
10. Be Of Service: The best way to fill up your self-love tank is when you give your love away freely. Find a project, shelter ,or cause and get involved in your local community and help others. We here at the daily love assignment could use your help by spreading the word and inviting people to receive free daily love assignments. Give without expecting anything in return. Give from a pure heart. Your tank will fill up with goodness when you give your love away to others.
11. Affirm Yourself: Speak loving affirmation to yourself and write them on post it notes and place them all over so you can see them and memorize them. Send yourself a nice card in the mail filled with loving affirmation.
12. Create Art: Art is a beautiful way to fill up your self-love tank. If you have never created something give it a try. No one has to see it. Create art from within and have fun and express yourself. Draw a picture of what you want your life to look like and feel like write positive words on it and hang it up where you can see it. Use bright paint, markers or whatever medium you choose. Have a blast! Art is not supposed to be perfect so give yourself permission to create from your heart and soul. Create a self portrait of YOU.
13. Let Love In: Once you release the blocks to self-love. Let love in and allow it to flow freely through your life.
There you have it! As you start to implement these tips into your life. You will start to see subtle change naturally occur. The greatest love you will ever find and experience is when you truly fall in love with yourself.
Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher,artist, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International and the founder of Daily Love Assignment. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com. Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love or riding her bike.